Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ace Piano Movers

I have spent my morning helping to move church pews out one of the stables on our church property and into the new sanctuary. It really looks like a church now, and I will attempt to post pictures this evening. Once all of the pews were relocated to a position very near to where they will be permanently affixed, at least we all hope they are now very near where they will be permanently affixed, four of us tackled a piano moving job. Now this piano is only a small upright, but even a small upright weighs close to a half a ton. We had to get it out of the shop...into a pick-up...and then ride with it down the hill to the new building. Fortunately, none of us are too much worse for the wear, but I know that I do not want a future in the piano moving business.

I must say a brief word about my tennis experience yesterday. Perhaps the physical laws that govern the universe were totally out of whack, and pretty much reversed, or my posse got together and decided that they better let the big guy win for a change so they don't have to listen to me cry again. Either way, I came out the winner of the day. I doubt that it will happen again for many years to come. On a related note, one of our group...John...got nailed for the 3rd time in a week and a half, and on only one occasion was I the nailer. John, I would suggest that you forgo the striped shirts for awhile as folks are starting to see them as targets!

No comments:

Post a Comment