Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Soft Tissue Injury

While I was attending to my duties at church today Kay was on a mission of mercy to help one of her quilting buddies clean out her daughter's house, after her daughter passed away a few weeks back. Very shortly after her arrival this morning, and while carrying a large box out of the house to the carport, Kay stepped in a hole and sprained her right ankle. The view this evening was quite impressive as the swelling was was substantial. It sort of looked like a large rutabaga was affixed to her lower leg. I am looking forward to a Technicolor display tomorrow morning. Speaking of tomorrow morning, Kay will awaken another year older. I am not going to reveal her age, but it is a multiple of 25...you can do the math. As for the sprained ankle, these were common occurrences back in the day, but it hasn't happened for quite some time, a good 10 to 15 years now.

As I see news teases, those annoying little 5 to 15 second snippets that come on during the commercial breaks of our favorite television programs, it seems like the entire country east of the Rocky Mountains is experiencing a series of crippling blizzards. The snow is so deep that the Washington Monument looks like a fire hydrant and the buses are tunneling through the streets of eastern cities like moles. Back here in the Inland Northwest I think that I might have, just maybe, seen a snowflake this morning. Otherwise, it was a cloudy day with temperatures reaching into the low to mid 40s. That felt cold, as we have gotten pretty used to the mild weather over the past 6 weeks. It has been dry for the past couple of days, but that is about to change. Tomorrow should be pretty uneventful, but by Thursday into the weekend the rain will be back. Temperatures will remain on the mild side, and probably even get warmer, by the weekend we should see afternoon highs up close to 50 degrees. As I have said many times before in recent weeks, I will say it again, there is no obvious sign that this weather pattern is going to change anytime soon. I must admit, I haven't heard too many people complaining about it. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard anyone complaining about it!

Oh well...time to turn in...in just a few short hours I will be heading back out onto the tennis court to get my butt kicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment