Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Challenge

This afternoon and evening I had a couple of basketball games to officiate in Chewelah. For those of you who do not hail from the Inland Northwest, this little town is pronounced Chew-e-lah...just like it is spelled! The bottom line of the whole adventure was that I had a partner with over 20 years of officiating experience, but he made the worst calls of anyone that I have ever worked with. The kicker was that he continually praised himself for the great job that he was doing, as the coaches and fans were screaming otherwise. I was embarrassed for him, and I got dragged into the mess too, so it was not a fun experience. The best thing that I can say is that the 3rd game that we had scheduled, boys freshman, did not take place because the visiting team didn't bring the freshman along! I truly thank God for that as it spared us an hour and a half of more misery.

And now a word on the weather...actually 4 words...more of the same. I'll have more to report in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment