Monday, May 31, 2010

Unofficial Last Weekend of Winter

Memorial Day weekend is winding down, and rain has been coming down most of the day. There are still a lot of shower and a few thunderstorms in the area so I guess I won't be walking to the store to get something for this evening's Memorial Day dinner. This weekend is often referred to as the unofficial first weekend of summer. More often than not, and such is the case this year, it is anything but summer-like. Yesterday wasn't bad, but most of this three day span has been rather lousy. I guess we should always look on the bright side of things (a brighter side would be nice once in awhile), with the rain and wet grounds it was a lot easier to move all of the plants around the yard that Kay wanted relocated.

Tomorrow should be drier...I didn't say dry...just drier. It should also be a little warmer. So far today we have hit 61 degrees, and another 2 tenths of an inch of rain has been added to the bucket so far, and there is more to come. Tomorrow we should get to the mid to upper 60s, but then the rain will be picking up again Wednesday and Thursday and things will be cooling down again.

One final note on this Memorial Day weekend. Today I experienced what may have been the worst leg cramp of my entire life. If there is anyone out there that has ever gotten their leg caught in one of those tree shredders, up to mid thigh, I know how it feels. Yikes! I don't want to deal with that ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment