Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sleepin' In

There was no early risin' today, as the alarm clock was not set and even the predawn warbling of the Robins in the incessant post sunrise barking of our neighbors dogs was going disturb my slumber. I think I am finally getting readjusted to normal life (if there is such a thing) after last week's sprint across the country. I am in my last few days of the quarter for my 3rd seminary class, so having a clear head is important for my upcoming final exam...tomorrow.

Yesterday I managed to put in a better showing on the tennis court, and was fairly productive at the office. That was made more difficult by the fact that the weather was beautiful on Wednesday, mainly sunny and mild. I did get the opportunity to get out and walk around late in the afternoon. It was more like I had to as I was hit with some raging cramps in one leg and in my midsection...not fun.

The weather took a big turn overnight as some heavy showers and a lot of wind blew through. Today we will be seeing more showers, mostly this afternoon, and might hear some thunder. Tonight the showers will end in the evening and then it will be getting downright nippy. After we reach only the mid 50s today many of our outlying areas will drop below freezing tonight. I am not at all worried about our garden though, as we are up on the hill where it is usually a few degrees milder at night, and mostly because we haven't planted anything yet! I guess we need to get going. The weather doesn't look that conducive to digging in the dirt though as it will be cool and showery through Saturday, with highs just in the 50s. We should crack 60 on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment