Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Getting Old Fast!

My how time flies! I have discovered the principle of age acceleration...the older you get the faster you get older. That would explain my rapidly declining skills in many areas. Case in point, yesterday was Sunday, and now its Wednesday. At least it sure seems that way. Not all that much of great significance has happened in that span of time, just the usual...a couple of tennis outings, a couple of days of work, a couple of fairly decent days of weather, and a couple of beers along the way. On Monday I did meet up with an old friend (actually, I am the old one and he is quite a bit younger) from my years at KHQ-TV. El Tejon (Spanish for Badger) left of his own accord at about the same time as I left, which was a year ago, and is now producing television programs for public access. That was on Monday. Yesterday I made a couple of calls on folks that have been hospitalized, but both are now doing very well and have gone home.

I mentioned the weather, and today we have some rain. That's a good thing since we put the tomato plants in the garden on Sunday and planted seeds for beans, onions, lettuce, kohlrabi, and some other things that I can't identify. They all have to be loving the moisture, and it appears as if there is more where that come from. We will have showers scattered around the area today, and again tomorrow. There could be some pretty substantial rain too. As we get to the weekend the abundance of showers will diminish, but not completely go away. It is going to be cool for awhile too, as today and tomorrow we will be hard pressed to get much above 60 degrees, and only warm up a little bit into the weekend...Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment