Monday, May 17, 2010

Meltdown!

After a week on the road, mainly sitting on my backside and eating copious quantities of fried food, it was time to put in an appearance on the tennis court this morning. The result was predictable, and embarrassing. I was generally unable to move, and when I did it was incredibly slowly. I knew what I wanted to do with the tennis ball but was unable to execute it (I should have been executed). The bottom line was that I was again schooled by my tennis posse...John, Bill and Tuck. I received an e-mail later today from Tuck regarding his health. He has been feeling lethargic and tired for some time now, and his doctors are not sure why. He will have to excuse himself from our 3 day per week tennis habit until the cause of his problems has been identified and corrected, so I would ask for prayers of good health to be directed his way.

After tennis I was off to re-establish my position as Vicar and Ministry Director at St. John's Lutheran Church here in Spokane. Each and every day that I go in to work at the church I have to wonder about just what it is that I do. Eventually I will usually figure it out. Today I spent most of my time preparing the service for this coming Sunday, writing letters to the visitors that we have had the past couple of Sundays, and finishing a book report for my seminary class. This is the last week of my 3rd quarter, and there is a lot that has to be turned in by Sunday... including the final exam.

I arrived home this evening just before 7:00pm. My little buddy Brady was waiting for me out on the porch along with Kay and Beth. Today was another warm day so the front porch was the place to be. I soon learned that I wasn't the only one who was experiencing a rough day. Brady was proud to report that he had not been put in time out today in preschool, but he appeared to have been shortchanged on his afternoon nap, and his mood...shall we say...was a little testy. Due to an impromptu meeting of the neighbors in our front yard Brady was not the center of attention, and that didn't seem to sit well with him. It is really hard being 3 going on 4! I look forward to better days ahead...both for me and Brady!

Final note: I just heard a rumble of thunder...a real treat for a thunderstorm fan from the middle of the country. Bring on the lightning!

No comments:

Post a Comment