Thursday, June 3, 2010

Is it Thursday Already?

My oh my...where does the time go? It has been a whirlwind kind of day in a whirlwind kind of week! In my previous life whirlwinds were tornadoes and hurricanes. In my new incarnation they seem to take on hundreds of different forms.

The day began with the preparation for and the execution of a private ceremony of Holy Baptism for an older adult...well into her 70s...who is facing some pretty tough cancer treatments in the near future. She is a woman of faith, but had never been baptized, so she wanted to be prior to beginning chemotherapy AGAIN (she has been battling cancer for 5 years) this coming Monday. At lunchtime my seminary coach, Pastor Young and I attended a meeting of the senior group at Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, just up the hill. We were on the menu. Actually, we presented the program that dealt with my educational endeavors and my attempts to keep the Rev. Young out of trouble. After lunch and the program I had a meeting with the incoming Chairman for our school board to talk about changes in the constitution and by-laws, along with any other information that he could glean from me regarding the school, and following that it was off to hospitals and rehab centers to visit some of our ailing members. Something is going on as it seems like every day I get a call that someone else is either sick or having surgery. Now I am preparing for a Lay Minister meeting at the church this evening, or at least I will be once I finish typing this post. It has been that sort of week...the clock is on overdrive!

At least the weather today was nice. Back on Monday we ended up with 2/3s of an inch of rain, and then on Tuesday the weather was pretty nice. Yesterday the skies opened up again and the result was another half inch or more water for most of the area. Today was nice again...sunshine and mid 60s, but alas, more rain will be here by tomorrow morning and it looks showery all the way through the weekend. I think I hear God telling me to start building a boat...a BIG boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment