Friday, June 25, 2010

Busy...Busy...Busy...

It is going to be hard to find time to "blog out" over the next 5 days. It is going to be hard to find time to eat and sleep! Tomorrow morning, bright and early at, begins the 21st installment of HoopFest, which is the worlds largest 3 on 3 basketball tournament. Its even in the Guinness Book of World Records, but then again, isn't everything? I am going to be a Court Monitor again, blowing a whistle, calling fouls and travels and yelling at 16 teams of 8th and 9th grader boys to be. I'll be out on the street from 8am until about 7pm tomorrow, and from 8am to 4pm Sunday. After that is all done I will motor off to Coeur d'Alene, Camp Lutherhaven, so she can return to work after her stint as a HoopFest Court Monitor.

On Monday I will be headed off to Moses Lake to give a weather presentation at the summer camp for middle school students put on by the local community college. From there it is back to Spokane to referee 4 high school boys basketball games in the evening. Gonzaga University is having the biggest camp and tournament of the summer from Monday through Wednesday, and they need all the officials that they can get. I'll be back out there for 4 more games on Tuesday morning, and then 5 on Wednesday afternoon. I hope my feet will hold up! In betwixt and between all of that will come the regular rigors of life...work and school...so I am kind of looking forward to next Thursday!

Weather for this weekend should be great...sunshine and afternoon temperatures approaching 80 degrees. I'm going to need the sunscreen as I haven't been out in the sun much yet, but then, we haven't had much sun yet.

I'll check in when I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment