Friday, June 18, 2010

Weekend Warrior

It is late on a Friday evening and there is going to be plenty to do this weekend. The weather for most of this week has been abysmal, so the yard is going to need a lot of tending to, and there is still much to do to prepare for the church service and Sunday School on Sunday morning. Today actually turned out to be a pretty nice day, with sunshine and a temperature reaching near 70 degrees. Tomorrow looks like the best day of the week as we should reach into the middle 70s under a partly sunny sky, but then Sunday will be bringing the rain back to us and it will be about 10 degrees cooler again.

Today ended up being quite a busy one, especially considering it is my one day off for the week. Out on the tennis court this morning my posse and I were engaged in an epic battle. The first set of the day took more than an hour. The level of play was very high, even including me, and we ended up in a tie breaker. The second set was never finished, but again it was well played. I am looking forward to getting back out there on Monday. After tennis I had a lunch meeting at the Riverview Retirement complex. I have been asked to be on the Board of Directors, for reasons that totally befuddle me, so it was a get acquainted and ask questions type of setting. The only question that I had was; "do you eat this well at all of the board meetings?" The answer was no, but we always eat! That pretty much convinced me that I should consent to their request to serve on the Board. After lunch Kay and I dropped in on a few folks from the church, some announced and some unannounced. In all cases it turned out very nicely. This evening we spent some quality time on the porch, then cooked tuna steaks for dinner and played games. All in all it was a pretty good day.

Things are going to be quiet around our neighborhood this weekend as my buddy Brady and his family have taken off to go camping this weekend. We'll get by in spite of Brady's absence, and I can look forward to seeing him again Monday morning. Brady and his big sister Jillian are taking part in the youth tennis camp at the racquet club that we belong to, so he comes and cheers me on each Monday and Wednesday morning. He's been playing tennis for a week now and he is already better than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment