Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Please Sir...Could I Have Some New Feet?

Over the course of the past 5 days I have officiated 45 basketball games between HoopFest and the Gonzaga University summer basketball camp and tournament. Now I will grant you that the HoopFest games were only half court, and the time limit was a flat 25 minutes per game, but still, that is a lot of wear and tear on a 52 year old body...a very large 52 year old body! I will tell you that the experience has left me a little lighter in the belly, and my backside is a lot smaller. That is due to the fact that I have had quite a number of high school basketball coaches chewing on my butt over the past three days. Surprisingly, not that many parts of my body are hurting. My knees are fine. My thighs and calves are fine, and my ankles are fine. What I really could use though are a couple of new feet...ideally in something a little smaller than the current size 15.

With all of this going on I have still had to maintain my relationship with my tennis posse, and try to stay current with work and school. I also made the trip to Moses Lake on Monday...220 miles round trip to speak to the summer camp at Big Bend Community College. It all went well, and most of the kids were pretty engaged in the material, so I think it was worth the time and effort. I do get mileage out of the deal, and at 50 cents a mile that will work out to $110!

It is almost July, and that means that the 4th of July...Independence Day...is almost here. It happens on a Sunday, and that means that I can work the whole thing into this week's sermon. It should be a good one as the first half has gotten rave reviews from the professor of my current preaching class. You might want to stop be and see how it turns out. Church is at 9:30am on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment