Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why Do I Feel Old?

A better question might be; why am I up before 6:00am on my birthday? Yes...today is the big day...Big Deal! Anyway, yesterday I mentioned that today I would be making a major announcement. My birthday ain't it! The announcement is that this Sunday, March 21st, will mark the first worship service in our brand spankin' new church. Woo Hoo! The festivities will begin promptly at 9:30am, with a praise celebration service, then our Bible study and Sunday School classes at 10:45am. As always, there will be gallons of free coffee and lots of goodies, so come on out and join us...we'll save you a seat! The only downside is that you will have to listen to me speak.

And now, the weather. Yesterday was beautiful! The official high temperature was 64 degrees. That was out at the airport. In town it was closer to 70. Fantastic. We had a few drips of rain late last evening, but this morning the sun is rising, or is about to rise, into a clear blue sky. The next few days will be mostly sunny, with daytime temperatures getting up into the low to mid 50s, and overnight lows near freezing. The nice weather is set to last through the weekend, and by Sunday we should be back up near 60 again.

One final note...for those who have gotten me extravagant gifts for my birthday...a big thank you. For those who have not...there is still time!

No comments:

Post a Comment