Friday, March 12, 2010

Settling Down

The rough part of the week is now in the rear view mirror, and the slide into weekend mode has begun. It began last evening, and is currently accelerating at an exponential rate. I will be stumbling around the tennis court this morning, and having a couple of brief meetings involving church related business this afternoon, but that's about all that is on the plate for today. Oh, I do have to drop Beth off at her former high school...Gonzaga Prep. I don't know if I mentioned (actually I don't remember if I did. That happens as you get old. I'm just a few days short of 28 years away from my 80th birthday!) it earlier, but Beth has been home all week for spring break. She has been spending a lot of time just hanging out...enjoying her personal space...and has been very pleasant to have around, at least most of the time. Today she is going "old school" to visit with friends who are still imprisoned there.

There is a little bit of sun shining this morning, and it is rather breezy and mild. We are already in the mid 40s, and should reach the mid 50s before the rain reaches us later this afternoon. The weekend will be drier again, with some sunshine both tomorrow and Sunday. Highs tomorrow will be in the upper 40s, and the low 50s on Sunday. Early next week we are headed for 60 degrees! I see where you folks who are reading from the upper Midwest, Wisconsin and Minnesota, are enjoying some mild weather and the melting of the snow. Welcome to the weather that we have had pretty much all winter long.

No comments:

Post a Comment