Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pasta Primo!

Last night I wrote about coming home with no desire for either of us to cook dinner. Tonight was no different for Kay, but I was truly inspired to put on the chef's hat and go to choppin'! I was in an Italian kind of mood, so after heading to Albertson's for a bottle of Chianti, some fresh basil and Parmesan I turned the Albrecht abode on 54th Lane into La Cucina. It was probably 6 months ago that I offered my secret pasta sauce recipe to the followers of this blog, with a few takers. I have to say, and it is with great humility, that tonight's was the best ever! I am not sure that I can share the secrets of my success on this one...maybe...but then again...maybe not.

All of this came about after another busy day on the job of trying to convince people who constantly make a mess out of everything (that would be all of us) that there is a God who loves us and wants us to live forever in his presence. He even made a way for us to do that by sacrificing his Son to pay the penalty that we deserve. I must admit that most of what I did today was behind the scenes work, but it should come to fruition by this coming Sunday. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood, we have services at 7:00 and 10:00am. Part of the preparation for the rest of the week was in programming the lights in the church for our Good Friday service of darkness (Tennebrae). It is kind of an oxymoron to talk about programming lights for a service of darkness, but you will understand if you drop in Friday evening at 7:00pm. Have I done enough shameless promotion yet?

Today's weather had the feel of early spring to it. We started the day with sun, which quickly gave way to clouds. This afternoon we had a few showers of graupel (that's snow pellets for the meteorologically challenged) followed very quickly once again by the return of the sun. This will be pretty much the way of the rest of the week. As we get into April the weather tends to be frustrating, as we want the warm and sunny days but usually end up with cool, cloudy and wet conditions. Oh well...June and July are not that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment