Friday, March 26, 2010

Ferris Beuhler's Day Off

For the first time in I don't know how many weeks I actually took a day off today. Not from life, just from work...I did not set foot in the church at all today! On one's day off the usual pattern is to sleep in, but that didn't happen. I kept waking up all night with the choir songs for the next week and a half bouncing around my brain, and that led to an early rise before 7:00am. This morning's tennis extravaganza wasn't scheduled to take place until 9:30am, so that gave me plenty of time to produce a breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage patties and toast. In spite of the feast, and grossly overeating, my tennis experience was a good one. It is aways a barrel of laughs when my posse gets together on the court, and most of the laughs are directed at my somewhat erratic style of play. I didn't embarrass myself too badly, and no one got hurt, so all in all, it was a good experience. I can't be sure, but I think that at one point I did get an extended middle finger pointed in my direction from my buddy John after a serve that had just a slight bit of spin imparted on it...John claims that he was just scratching his nose!

Over the course of the past few weeks I have been getting some feedback from followers...one in particular...that I need to be writing less information about me, and more about my little buddy Brady. I must admit that...I feel your pain! Brady, my 4 year old neighbor, leads a much more interesting life than I, and makes for much more interesting blogging. The problem is that we live way to close to the Canadian border, and therefore are shut up in our igloos for far too much of the year. It is now almost time to emerge from hibernation, so Brady will be back in the headlines soon...not this week though, as he and his family are headed down to Boise to visit grandpa and grandma.

1 comment:

  1. Ready or not, as Brian and Kay draw closer and closer to their infamous "Front Porch Sittin' Season", Mr. Brady will undoubtedly be driving his noisy Escalade across the culdesac, invading the peaceful porch, and putting them in a headlock of words that makes their ears bleed! The upside....plenty of blog fodder material!

    ReplyDelete