Monday, March 1, 2010

60° Today!

What a way to start the week. The sun was shining and the temperature reached 60 degrees in downtown Spokane. Today marks the first day of March. The old adage goes "In like a lamb and out like a lion, or visa versa. If this is going to turn out to be true, at least around here, we are in for a heck of a storm at the end of the month. In reality, there is no reason to think that the weather pattern this month is going to be much different than it has been since the first of the year...very mild. So, we will just wait for another 30 days to see if March goes out like a lion, or an aardvark, or platypus.

The month began out on the tennis court this morning. I couldn't get the guys to play outside, but that's a whole 'nother story. In the first set I was teamed with John. We managed to pull out a win, but I was having a real problem getting my first serve anywhere near the service box. Between our first and second sets, where I would be partnered with Bill, John told me that if I started to get my first serves in he was going to be "really pissed off!" Now John is normally a pretty "happy" guy...as a matter of fact...he is always a "Happy" guy in that he goes by that as his last name. But, if you see him between now and early Wednesday morning, he might just be "really pissed off!" I sure hope that John doesn't have to renew his driver's license before Wednesday at 8:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment