Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Hibiscus




It has been a great day so far. My hibiscus bush in the front of the house has two big red blooms, and I included a shot of the plant in the backyard that is covered in white blooms the size of dinner plates. Along with that, tennis this morning did not result in the usual butt kickin'. We only managed to get in two sets. In the first my partner, Tuck, and I fought valiently before succumbing 6-7 in a tie breaker. The tie break score was 8-10. We were up 5-2 at one point, but then things went downhill. In the second set I was partnered with Jake, and we won that one 6-1. WooHoo!
Once I got to church I rearranged the chairs and table in the garage after yesterday's semi-outdoor services, and then had a very nice conversation with a gentleman that wandered over from the neighborhood on the other side of the little golf course. I have been trading e-mails with him for a couple of months. He is interested in what is going on with our building process, and just what it is that the church believes. I am hoping that we get the chance to talk again...I think that we will. Now its time to start planning the service for next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment