Sunday, August 16, 2009

All Is Quiet, For Now

I'm up early, enjoying the quiet house. Even the dog, Dixie, went right back to bed after I let her out. The only sounds are the perking of the coffee maker and the clatter of the keyboard as I do the two finger-two thumb hunt and peck. Actually, I am up to two fingers and a thumb on the left hand. Every once in awhile I have to stop typing to let the keyboard cool off!


The ground is wet, but the weather is dry. A look a the water vapor satellite loop this morning shows a little upper level wave dropping down over the Idaho Panhandle, sliding down the back side of a cold low pressure system over eastern Montana and the Dakotas. As that wave moves away we should see some clearing, and sunshine today, although the upper air is still cool giving rise to numerous cumulus clouds this afternoon. Temperatures are in the 50s right now, and will rise comfortably to the mid to upper 70s later today. Yesterday's high was 71 degrees, and this morning we have been down to 55. We picked up .18 inches of rain yesterday afternoon and evening.


As I mentioned yesterday, church will be busy this morning, and we are having a brat and kraut blowout late this afternoon. The occasion is to honor the Laborers For Christ, those fine folks who are here building are new church, (I'll post pictures soon, I promise) and to send Beth off properly on her journey into higher education, or whatever else you do in college these days. I expect that we will have about 75 people crammed into the house and yard, friends from church and the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment