Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wet Start To Saturday

A very narrow band of rainshowers, remnants of last night's thunderstorms to our south and west, are moving over the Spokane area this morning. This band is only about 10 miles wide so it won't be in any one particular place very long. As the morning progresses drier air will move in behind these showers and the sun will be popping out. That should push temperatures to the upper 70s this afternoon, about 80 in downtown Spokane. A pool of cold air drifting over the Inland Northwest aloft will set the stage for showers and a few thunderstorms to be popping up again this afternoon and evening. Quieter and mostly sunny weather is expected through most of Sunday, but I can see a shower or two erupting over the mountains of northeastern Washington and the Idaho Panhandle which may drift southward over the metro area in the afternoon. Temperatures on Sunday will start in the 50s, and rise to the lower 80s. From there it will be sunny and warmer into next week, with highs back to the mid to upper 80s Monday and Tuesday. Summer just doesn't want to give in, and that is alright with me.

I want you to check out the list of followers of this blog. I am now up to 12...a dozen...who'd a thunk it! The latest addition are my neighbors, the Moores. The picture that they put on the site is that of 3 year old Brady Moore. Brady and I are buddies. He comes across the cul-de-sac most evenings to chat. I think that our friendship has grown out of the fact that we speak the same language, most gibberish. Brady likes to talk a mile a minute, and about every 2 out of 5 words or so are clearly distinguishable, which is just enough to be able to understand what he is saying. We have had some great conversations about snakes, his motorcycle (scooter), really big fish, and who the pilot is of every airplane that flies over. The answer to that question is Andy. I'll explain that one at some future date.

I am now the proud owner of a new, old, digital camera. It is the first one that Beth got, which was quickly retired for a much slimmer and nicer looking model. The bottom line is that I promise to take some pictures and post them on this blog. I will get some of the church building site today, and put them up this evening...weather permitting (I just like to say that). So it is time to clean up and get ready to head down to the church. There is lots to do today, and of course, the Pot Luck lunch.

3 comments:

  1. you stole my camera! What as soon as you got back did you go through my stuff and get reid of everything...just kidding. I love you and kinda miss you...just kidding again about the kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had Sharelynn and I laughing our a$$es off at today's blog! Someday, Mr. Brady will enjoy it as much as we did! Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, as I mentioned last night when you called,,,,your lucky you live across the cul-de-sac from my grandson......He is a funny one, thats for sure,,, Hows his driving been in his Escalade??

    ReplyDelete