Monday, September 13, 2010

The Posse's Getting Restless!

Now that class has resumed, at least the one that I teach, I get the feeling that the guys I regularly play tennis with are feeling a little left out. For about the past year we have been playing 3 times each week, Monday,Wednesday and Friday mornings, but since my schedule is getting a little tighter I have been forced to give up the Wednesday session. Now before you start feeling sorry for the somewhat older fellas, a suitable replacement has been found so they will continue to march on without me on Wednesdays. I think that the problem is that some of the members of the posse fear that they won't be getting as much ink (electronic ink) in this space. It's pretty hard to compete with Brady...since he lives across the street, and the prospect of reduced exposure doesn't sit well, at least with one particular member of the group!

That said, and along with the fact that this is Monday and not Wednesday, I was out there on the court earlier today. The results were mixed, as the bad moments overshadowed the most of the good, but for the most part the play was competitive. I was a little disappointed though since I figured that having watched the Djokovic-Federer at the US Open over the weekend some of their prowess might have been transferred to me...no such luck...but then again I did watch the Cougar football game on Saturday too, and that probably neutralized anything gained from watching tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment