Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Blues

Blue skies, that is. It is looking like a fine day today as we enter into the Labor Day weekend. From there, it all goes in the dumper! After reaching the middle to upper 80s this afternoon under a mostly sunny sky you will no doubt...if you're anywhere near here...notice the wind picking up tomorrow. That is because a sharp cold front will be passing through. A southeast breeze ahead of it in the morning with turn to the southwest and increase after it passes. Gusts over 30 miles per hour in the afternoon may also stir up a little bit of dust from the farm fields to our southwest and knock the visibility down to just a few miles in some spots. Temperatures will be cooling too. Tomorrow's top temperatures will be about 10 degrees lower than today, and then it should be another 10 degrees or so cooler for Labor Day (Monday) and Tuesday. That will put the highs just in the 60s, and there will also be some showers scattered around both of those days. I guess this all isn't the best news for those wanting to enjoy the "Unofficial Last Weekend of Summer" on a camping trip or at the lake place.

As for me...I'm not going anywhere, so bring it on. College football kicks off this weekend, and I will be firmly planted on the couch! Don't bother me between 8pm and midnight tomorrow night as I will be watching my beloved Badgers (the old Alma Mater) take on the Rebels of UNLV. I am hoping for a rout!...in a way that will make me happy. Later in the weekend I will be paying close attention to Boise State's trip to the Nation's Capitol to take on Virginia Tech. That should be a fun one! I say...Go Broncos!

No comments:

Post a Comment