Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another Evening With Brady



I spent most of the day in Deer park today, at an area pastor's meeting. I'm not really a pastor, but I play one on TV...well...actually I play one in real life, but I really don't know what I'm doing! That's why I have gone back to school. Upon arriving home my little buddy Brady was out and about, and came running into the garage to meet me. He wanted to build airplanes, which means that he wanted to play with our Lego blocks. We have a number of good old fashioned toys, which are unique to him, so therein lies the fascination with coming over to our house. Just about everything he builds has the capability of flight. Things that look more like steam locomotives, armadillos and fire hydrants are usually the result of our aircraft assembly line. It doesn't matter, as whatever the shape, and lack of aerodynamics, all inevitably take flight across our family room or off of our front porch. The highlight of these events are the crashes, and I am happy to report that no one has of yet been injured...NOT YET! Since Brady has now been in school for a week...Montessori...he has been wound as tight as a golf ball. Now I must admit that I haven't cut a golf ball in half since I was a kid, but I am assuming that at their core is still a tightly wound mass of rubber bands. Please let me know if technology has changed. We spent a good part of the evening watching Brady fly through the air...crashing into couches, the floor, and all too often, ME. Now that darkness is descending upon us at a much earlier time than a month or two ago things are settling down a little earlier than before, so we managed to have dinner by 8pm...imagine that! The weather continues to be lousy, but should be getting better into the weekend. We should see a little more sunshine, and by Saturday and Sunday the temperatures will reach 70 or a little above. Whoopee! last...but certainly not least...tonight, the NFL season officially has begun. The Vikings lost...there is much rejoicing in the village tonight!







1 comment:

  1. Darlene just said "Brian is so good with him" isn't that the truth...you really are... I don't know who the lucky one really is, you, or him...

    ReplyDelete