Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Am I Shirking My Duties?

You may have noticed that I have had very little to say about the weather in the past week or so. Perhaps I am mourning the end of summer, which occurred today, or maybe it is just that the weather has been so lousy this past week that I have chosen to ignore it. I think that the latter is probably the case. We have had chilly cloudy and rainy weather for pretty much the past 14 years...or more realistically the past 6 months...so most of us here in the Spokane area are feeling that we got cheated out of summer. The good news is, now that fall is upon us, that the weather is about to improve. Tomorrow should be a generally sunny day, with temperatures approaching 70 degrees. By the weekend we should be back up into the middle...and maybe even...the upper 70s. On the way there we may see a few showers again on Thursday, but otherwise things should be drier. The warmer weather on the weekend goes to figure, as Kay and I are flying out to Chicago on Saturday, and will be away from the "Great Northwest" for a week. That just means that the last few days of September, and the first few of October will be beautiful out here, while snow will probably fall over the Chicago area and nothern Indiana, as that is where we are going to be...more on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment