Friday, October 15, 2010

Weekend Ahead!

It is now late on a Friday evening and we are all staring straight into the face of the weekend.  The weather here has been very nice...warm and sunny on Thursday, and a little cooler but equally as sunny today.  Tomorrow and Sunday are going to be some more of those textbook October days, crisp and cool with a beautiful blue sky.  Saturday will be starting off a little bit below the freezing mark, so I have the tomato plants covered.  We have gotten to that point in the year where the end of the gardening season is inevitable, so we will probably be picking all of the tomatoes that have the ability to ripen this Sunday afternoon.  For the next 5 to 7 days we will be enjoying sunny days with highs in the 50s to low 60s, but the nights will be consistently having temperatures dropping into the upper 20s to around 30 degrees.

A brief comment on my tennis extravaganza with the "Lay Posse" earlier today.  I was the first of the group to serve this morning, and I was going to have no part of the experience that we had this past Monday...where for 14 straight games the serving side lost the game...so I got all of my first serves in and John and I won the game, in route to a 6-0 set win.  The morning went very well for me, for reasons that I am not really sure of, and I played pretty well.  I guess we will see what next Monday brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment