Friday, October 8, 2010

I've Gone Viral!

Again, it is amazing to me that anyone ever reads this, but I have noticed that I have picked up two more followers!  This blog is now up to 35.  Perhaps I should pay a little more attention to customer service, and offer something more worthwhile, but that is just not in my nature.

For those who are following from the Spokane area you know how wet the weather has been in the past 24 hours.  It has been raining almost constantly in that time period, but we have only picked from a quarter to a third of an inch.  This morning is very gloomy and damp, but the weather system that has been dribbling on us is on the way out, so I see some improvement by the afternoon.  The rain should go away, and the clouds will thin.  They won't completely disappear as there is another front approaching from the west, with its own set of middle and upper level clouds.  That front will stall out to the west of us over the weekend.  As it sits out there over the Pacific more and more moisture will be drawn up ahead of it, and by Sunday some light rain will again start to fall.  It had better hold off until Sunday, as tomorrow is the Pacific Northwest Marching Band Championships out at Joe Albi Stadium.  Last time I was there I noticed no retractable roof, so dry weather is important.  The past couple of years have been very cold, while this year things look a whole lot more comfortable.  There will be some high clouds, but daytime temperatures should reach well into the 60s, and then only slowly fall into the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment