Sunday, October 31, 2010

Eating Us Out of House and Home!





The day at church went very well...we had a much larger crowd than I expected for the afternoon service, and the joint choir numbered about 50!  We sounded pretty good, at least from where I was standing.

We got home in plenty of time for the onslaught of little beggars to darken our door...and boy did they ever!  I counted a total of 91 kids, and they came in bunches, HUGE BUNCHES!  Sometimes there were 8 or 10.  Sometimes there were 12 or 14.  We even had one group that numbered 17!  There was a pirate named Brady...a couple of dead looking girls from across the street, and countless others who were dressed in costumes that went by so quickly that I couldn't identify them.  I think I even saw a couple that were bigger than I am.  My only regret is that our candy bowl was almost totally depleted...with very little left for me.

Well, tomorrow brings us the beginning of November, and the snow will be in the air soon.  The best thing is that Tuesday is Election Day, and that means all of those absolutely stupid and annoying political ads will be gone by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment