Thursday, October 14, 2010

Favorite Days of the Year

Next to Christmas, Easter and St. Swithin's Day today is my favorite day of the year.  Today is the day that I get to hand out the first of 3 exams in the aviation meteorology course that I teach, and then watch the students squirm.  Actually, they are doing just that as I write this.  I am amazed that all of them managed to show up, and almost all on time.  That seldom happens, even for the lab sessions on Friday where attendance is mandatory.

I must provide you all with a Brady update.  Since the weather now is, in general, no longer suitable for long periods of sitting on the porch, most of Brady's visits are of the indoor variety.  Whenever the garage door is up it is a sign to the little fella that it is open season and he is welcomed to enter whenever he wishes...he very often wishes.  Lately he has taken to climbing on me (I make a fine mountain) as I sit on the couch working on the construction of spaceships and helicopters using whatever building materials that he can locate within the house, usually Lego blocks or Tinker Toys.  He likes to perch himself on my head (pictures to follow), for a better view of what is going on in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment