Saturday, April 17, 2010

Unbelievable!











The pictures here are of some of the members of St. John's who were present this morning to prepare for the Open House today and the Dedication Service tomorrow afternoon. These are the folks that make my job such a joy! They are the most loving and friendly people that I have had the pleasure to know and serve! In the upper right hand corner...getting a cup of coffee...is Stan. Throughout the building process he has personally put in more than 1000 hours of volunteer work, and always asks what needs to be done tomorrow! That is why I love my job...he is the epitome of all of the folks that I have the priviledge of serving. The rest of the folks exemplify the same spirit!
Our Open House ran from 1 to 4 this afternoon. I was hoping and praying that we might get a couple of hundred people to show up. I thougth that would be an unbelievable number! We haven't counted the guest sign in sheet yet, but I think that we had twice that many. It was fantastic! I got to meet so many new people that I hope will become friends, and there were a whole lot of old friends that came by to say hello. After a little rain this morning the weather turned out to be very nice, and I am sure that helped to bring us such a nice crowd. we are looking forward to our morning service tomorrow at 9:30am, and the Dedication Service at 4:00pm. It is going to be a beautiful day weather-wise...with sunshine and temperatures reaching into the 70s in the afternoon. As I write this post tonight I am totally in awe of what God is doing in the life of St. John's Lutheran, and I humbled by all of the gifts that he has given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment