Friday, April 16, 2010

Headin' For the Front Porch!

All throughout the fall, winter and early spring we have been longing for the return of the days where we could watch the evening break from the front porch. It is kind of a neighborhood gathering place. A place to chew the fat, and a place for my buddy Brady to entertain. He was out there yesterday afternoon, but alas, I was not. I got home a little to late to discuss the latest and greatest about snakes, Cadillac Escalades and tips on hitting a plastic softball off of a plastic tee with a big plastic bat. No, I was not there. I will not make the same mistake again today!

As a matter of fact, I am going to be out on the front porch for two occasions today. The first will be about an hour from now, 7:30am, when I will be talking to my old friends at NewsTalk 590 radio, Dean and Angela. I used to chat with them on the air every weekday morning back in my TV and radio days. I get another shot at it today so I can tell the world...they're on the web...about the Open House and Dedication Service at St. John's this weekend. I might get in a few words about just how nice and warm the weather is going to be today, up near 75 degrees downtown, and I am hoping that Dean might just play my old theme song...Jerry Reed's (God rest his soul) "When You're Hot, You're Hot! I will be making sure that I arrive at home early enough this afternoon for the Brian and Brady Show on the porch. After a long winter I have much wisdom to impart to him, and I am sure that he has much more to impart to me! Stay tuned to this space for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment