Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nice Rain, Nice Day

The day started off with a driving rain. It was nice to hear the pitter-patter-splatter of raindrops off the roof. We picked up almost a half an inch as the rain came pouring down for almost 2 hours. After several days of dry weather, with a stretch of temperatures in the 70s, it was nice to get some moisture on the lawn to make things even greener. By 10:00am the rain had moved to the east, but the clouds hung around through early afternoon. Then the sky cleared off nicely and the temperature jumped to the mid to upper 60s...very nice!

Looking ahead to tomorrow, and I am looking ahead toward tomorrow since I am taking the day off, we will be enjoying the sunshine once again. It will be rather chilly early, near freezing, but in the afternoon the temperatures will climb to the low to mid 60s. I've got tennis in the morning, and yard work to do in the afternoon, and I am looking forward to both of them. I have found that the secret to my success at tennis is eating bacon. Last Friday I cooked bacon and made some scrambled eggs for breakfast, and then went out and hit some incredible shots on the court. The bacon began to wear off in the third set, and things started to go in the dumper, so tomorrow I will be sure to take along a little doggy (or should I say " hoggy") bag with me to ensure my stamina.

Finally tonight (have you ever noticed that at the end of every 11:00 o'clock newscast anywhere in the world they say "Finally tonight"), I want to welcome some newcomers to the neighborhood. In reality, these are not newcomers, but rather "now and them comers". After a long and not so cold winter our friends Larry and Darlene have arrived from Boise to visit my buddy Brady and his family across the street. Larry is Brady's grampa, and Darlene is gramma. To us we just refer to them as good friends. It is great to have them back in the cul-de-sac again!

No comments:

Post a Comment