Friday, April 9, 2010

Its Friday

Another week has whizzed by, and you have probably noticed with not many posts to this blog. That is part due to the pace of the week, and the fact that I am old and boring and have very little of interest to write about. On Tuesday evening we had meetings at church. There are very few things that can take the wind out of your sails faster than meetings at church. Wednesday evening was choir practice, and the breeze began to pick up. Last night we had a gathering of a rather small number of dedicated young people who I am hoping will be the building blocks of a vital youth group at St. John's. After an hour and a half of discussion about what we can and should do there is now a steady wind blowing into the Main sail once again. I am ready for the weekend. In more ways than one.

Speaking of the wind, it was howling yesterday. I will have to spend a substantial amount of the day cleaning up the damage. My Webber Smoker-Cooker grill was toppled in the gale and the top of our outdoor fireplace was dislodged and is now perched in front of the shed. To make matters worse, my nice clean yard, based upon my labors of Easter Sunday afternoon, is now buried under about 7 inches of pine needles. Can you imagine how painful that must be when the dog goes out to do her business?

No comments:

Post a Comment