Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Has Finally Set In!

After wondering if it would ever get here, summer has finally arrived. The official high temperature today we 92 degrees, but in the middle of the city it was about 95! I am a little bit crunchy tonight as I spent most of the day out in the sun and the heat, cleaning up from a sprinkler installation in the back yard. The trenches had to be filled and leveled, and few plants had to be moved. I went through 4 shirts today, mainly because at my age and girth there is now reason that anyone should ever have to see me with my shirt off!

Looking ahead to the weekend the warm and sunny weather will continue. It probably won't be quite as hot on Saturday and Sunday, but still warm enough to be called summer weather. We should be near 90 tomorrow, and in the upper 80s on Sunday. Things will cool down again as we head through next week, probably back down into the 70s by Tuesday and Wednesday. As is typical of July...there is no rain in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment