Friday, July 30, 2010

Is Everybody Happy?

I just got back from playing tennis with the posse, and I must say that each and every one us must have had our shorts on correctly this morning. The play was spirited and, at times, quite impressive. Some of the guys who are normally "Happy" were even "Happier" than normal! The best things about it was nobody got hurt! Over the course of the month of August our tennis routine is going to be rather higgledy piggledy as we all go our separate ways for little R & R, and other such nonsense...I mean...the other 3 guys are all retired. What do they need R & R for?

We had a little rain earlier this morning, but things have dried up for now. There is the chance that a thunderstorm might pop up and drift through this evening, but for now it looks like it is time to pick the raspberries and mow the lawn...we have a bumper crop of berries and grass.

One final note on the tennis experience this morning. As I arrived I noticed a whitetail buck sporting an emerging 10 point rack, still looking rather velvety, grazing under a tree near the edge of the parking lot. He didn't seem to mind me being there, and it certainly wasn't bothering me for him to be present. After seeing a deer chewing on the grass above the outdoor court we were playing on Monday it got me thinking; if you gotta be a deer, this ain't a bad place to be one. There is plenty to eat...the people are friendly...and the traffic on the nearby roads and streets moves at a relatively slow speed...most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment