Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Beautiful Day...As Expected

NICE! That's the best way to describe the day. We have enjoyed a beautiful blue sky, and temperatures, after starting off crisp and cool, have worked their way into the mid to upper 70s this afternoon. The official high out at the airport...once again, where nobody actually lives...has been 76 degrees so far. Tomorrow and Friday it is going to be heating up a bit, into the mid to upper 80s, and then drop back a few degrees on the weekend...just a few. We should see mostly sunny day and mostly clear nights. I don't see any impending heat waves through next week, so it should stay rather pleasant.

It has not been so nice in Wisconsin this evening. I just took a peek at the radar there and there is a pretty good "bow echo" showing up. That is where a line of thunderstorms bulges forward in the middle, which is a sign of very strong straight line winds. The strong winds in the center section of the line cause it to move faster than the ends, so the whole thing starts to bow, hence the term "bow echo." Typically the winds will gust to more than 60 miles per hour, and can reach 100 miles per hour in some spots.

Shortly I will be headed out onto the tennis court for a leisurely time of rallying with my lovely wife Kay. Earlier this morning I was out there (actually, I should have said in there, as we played inside) with my regular posse. My performance, while not stellar, was somewhat above the abysmal effort of Monday. We'll see what Friday morning brings. We'll be playing on a clay court, so if things don't go well I can kick some dirt in their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment