Saturday, July 24, 2010

Are You Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot?

It was a toasty warm day today, and this just the start of things. Today we were near 90...tomorrow the low to mid 90s, and Monday the mid to upper 90s! Its about time that we got a little summer weather around here. I didn't have a lot to do today. Beth was home from her job at Lutherhaven, so instead of taking yesterday (Friday) off...which I usually do...I took today off. The fact that she didn't rise up out of bed until after 10am allowed me to get the yard mowed...which most likely caused her to rise up out of bed. The rest of the day consisted of a trip to WalMart...always an adventure, and then a couple of family games this afternoon. I won both of them. (YES!) On the way back to Lutherhaven this evening we stopped off at Outback Steakhouse for dinner. We had $60 dollars worth of gift cards to burn through. We did just that...burning through $60 worth of gift cards...on a rather forgettable meal. It wasn't bad, but it really wasn't all that good! The problem is that we do such a good job of cooking at home that often times a restaurant is a bit disappointing, unless of course it is a really good restaurant.

Tomorrow morning, Sunday, we will of course be off to church at an early hour. I am a bit nervous since I wasn't there today, so I am not feeling quite as prepared as I usually would. There should be enough time tomorrow before the service, but I am just feeling a little bit anxious. Tomorrow also features our monthly contemporary service in the evening. The festivities get underway at 6:00pm. I really think that it is going to be a good one, with good songs and a meaningful message, but I fear that no one is going to show up. We have a lot of folks who are out of town this weekend, and in general the congregation doesn't seem all that enthused about the idea of contemporary worship. We shall see...as always, I hope that I am wrong. In reality, I am usually wrong so WHATEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment