Monday, July 12, 2010

Blown Over!

The story of the day today was the wind. Spokane recorded a peak gust of 48 miles per hour, and I am sure that it was stronger in many other places other than the airport. There was a lot of dust and dirt in the air most of the day. That wind made for a rather interesting morning on the tennis court. We were outside...all of us...so I can't use that as an excuse. To make a long story short, I STUNK! I couldn't do much of anything right. Actually... I played pretty well for someone who had never played tennis before...the problem is, I have been playing for 3 years.

The wind has died down now and the temperatures are cooling down. It actually feels quite refreshing. We are headed for the mid to upper 40s by morning, and the afternoon high tomorrow will only be in the low 70s. It should be a mainly sunny day with much less wind. On Wednesday we will be back up near 80 degrees, and into the mid 80s from Thursday through the weekend. The sun will be abundant so we are in for some nice weather.

For the sake of more punishment, I will be out on the tennis court again at 9 in the morning. This time I will only be getting my butt kicked by one guy...we are playing singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment