Friday, August 20, 2010

Staying in One Place

For a change, we are not traveling today. Today is preparation day. We are preparing for the feast to celebrate the 60th anniversary of my Father and Mother's nuptials, which took place on August 26th of 1950. The party is tomorrow since it was the best opportunity to get the family together.

I am going to ignore what happened yesterday, because if I don't, I will have to tell you about the driving lesson that Beth learned, the hard way. No I am not going to tell you about the large shard of truck tire that was lying in the middle of the highway, which they are wont to do. I won't write about me telling her...from the back seat...well before potentially encountering the discarded piece of tread; "don't drive over that." I will not be reporting that we did just exactly that, drive over it. No, that is why I am going to ignore all that happened yesterday. I would also have to tell you why I was sitting in the back seat.

I choose to look ahead, to all of the good things that are happening this weekend. I get to spend a few days with the folks, and nearly the entire family will be on hand tomorrow. I get to watch Beth try to pack all of her earthly belongings into the "Family Truckster" so that they can be transported to her dorm room at Concordia University in St. Paul. On Sunday I get to go to Reedsburg, to the home of Kay's mom, where I will be able to do some fishing. The catch there is usually quite substantial. There is a lot to look forward to, its going to be a great weekend. Oh I almost forgot, I get to look forward to some real live thunderstorms later this afternoon and evening...and I can hardly wait. Once the storms move through, tomorrow should turn out to be a pretty good day around the La Crosse, WI area, sunny to partly cloudy with the high in the mid 80s. Sunday should be mostly sunny and near 90 degrees. In Spokane the weather is looking cooler. Yesterday it got to 85 degrees, while today will be closer to 80 under a mostly sunny sky. Highs will just be in the 70s this weekend under a mix of clouds and sun, and on Sunday there will be a few isolated showers...and a thunderstorm or two around the mountain areas.

I will continue to keep you updated as I can, but the Internet access will be rather spotty the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment