Friday, March 30, 2012

Freshly Shorn!

Very recently I came to the realization that I haven't had a haircut since January.  I was beginning to look like a Southern Baptist Televangelist!  Apart from some major theological differences and the ability to say "hell" rather than HAY-ell I guess there are a few similarities.  Anyway...here are the results.
My forehead, my neck, my ears, nose and back are all visible again!  Now I shouldn't have to go under the clippers again until July.

In my last post I was bemoaning the snow that came down at the beginning of the week.  It's long gone, totally washed away.  Since the snow stopped all it has done is rain...all week long.  March has another day to go but Spokane has already shattered the record for the most precipitation in the month of March.  We are at about four and a third inches and still counting.  There's water everywhere, and around here anywhere there's water there's also ducks and geese, and anywhere there are ducks and there is...well, I think you get the picture.  The rain has even affected my tennis play.  I'll take any excuse I can get.  Actually, I think it makes me better.  With the other guys having to slog around in nearly hip deep water it makes it hard for them to get to my shots.  Being that my game is nearly stationary anyway I am not all that much affected.  I have been back with my regular group now for a couple weeks, and I still have yet to encounter my good friend...the Happy man...John.  He did show up today to watch for foot faults, but with my feet being so big and immovable that is seldom a problem for me.

Tomorrow morning the gang at the church, St. John's Lutheran of Spokane, will be gathering for our spring clean up day.  At this point this will most likely consist of scraping the moss off of the parking lot and the barnacles off of the church building.  Holy Week begins Sunday with Palm Sunday, and reaches it's climax on Good Friday and Easter Sunday.  There will be plenty of opportunities for all of you to come and join us for worship over the course of the next week, so I expect you to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment