Monday, March 26, 2012

Seriously?

Yesterday (Sunday) we finally enjoyed a little taste of spring, about 65 degrees and sunny.  To take full advantage the St. John's Lutheran Church softball team took to the field to practice.  For some unknown reason I was included.  I quickly came to realize that I am at least as bad as I was last year, and probably worse.  But it was nice to be outside in the sun.  Today...a different story.  After grilling a pork roast for dinner last evening in ideal conditions the rain moved in late last night.  I got up and out to go play tennis at about 7:30 and the rain was pouring down.  When I left the club at 11:00 it had turned to snow!  Sloppy, slushy, wet snow.  Up on the Hill there's about an inch on the ground.  If you haven't read the last post go ahead and take a look back...the idea of retirement is becoming even stronger.

Tennis this morning was an adventure.  I played with two different groups with two totally different results.  In my 8:00am group I could not be stopped.  At 9:30am I couldn't get started!  It must have been the snow outside even though at that time I had no idea that it was falling.  You gotta blame something other than yourself!

I guess I will spend the rest of the day inside, with the blinds in the office tightly shut.  I just don't want to see the %$#& that is coming down outside my window.  It's enough to ruin a perfectly good Monday, if there is such a thing.

1 comment:

  1. Brian,
    Glad to see you're back on the Blog!
    (Does that mean I better get back on my blogs too?)

    ReplyDelete