Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pressure to Produce

In the past few days I have been feeling the heat from some of my former blog followers to "get back out there"!  It seems that there are too many people who desire to live vicariously through me...yeah...that's right...Mr. Excitement.  At the behest of my lovely wife of now nearly 30 years I am going to attempt to oblige.

This weekend marked a special time for me, as St. Patrick's Day always does, because it meant another birthday.  Yesterday I got one step closer to being 80 years old...only 26 more years to go.  80 is a milestone because by then I am hoping to be decent at playing tennis.  The guys that regularly kick my butt, and you know who you are, are generally octogenarians.  In the spirit of being an 80 year old I went to a funeral on my birthday.  As a matter of fact, I officiated at the funeral.  It was a lovely service.  You should have been there!

Today was more of the party day.  After church and Bible class members of the St. John's Lutheran Church softball team headed for the "Funspot" at Fairchild Air Force Base.  The idea was to use the indoor batting cages.  As the March weather isn't really conducive to holding outdoor practices it seemed like a splendid idea.  Due to the fact that they serve beer at the "Funspot" it turned out to be an even more splendid idea.  After taking our turns in the cages...there was a dozen of us...we headed for the bowling alley.  Seeing that it's my birthday one would think that everyone, especially my wife, would just let me win...but NO!  She had the audacity to throw a 176 in the 2nd game to take home the high score for the day.  If not for the gutter ball on her last toss she might have reached 186.

Now it's Sunday evening and I can smell the corned beef boiling on the stove.  It's time for me to get off the computer in order to begin cutting up the onions, carrots, potatoes and cabbage.  I guess it's up to me to cook the "birthday dinner".

Note to my disgruntled readers...I am going to try...TRY...to post at least three times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment