Thursday, March 22, 2012

Springy?

Well let's see...spring officially got underway on Monday night.  All that it has done since is snow!  But you know that, at least if you are reading this from somewhere in eastern Washington or northern Idaho.  There was snow on the ground Monday morning, then hail in the afternoon.  It started snowing again yesterday and didn't stop until this morning, when 3 to 4 inches covered the ground.  As I look out my office window I see more snowflakes flittering down.  Is it legal to shoot snowflakes within the city limits?  That's just the reality of living in the Spokane area though.  Spring just plain stinks.  If it's not cold windy and white...it's cold windy and wet.  While the rest of the country is getting suntans we're still wearing parkas and muck-lucks.  It will be this way until sometime in June...if we're lucky.  People often ask me "are you going to spend the rest of your life in Spokane?"  The answer is always, and has now been reinforced, $#%@ no!  We'll be heading back to Florida once retirement rolls around, and if anyone wants to fund that retirement we can be on our way today!

Since I am finished with my teaching duties for the quarter I have found my way back out onto the tennis court (indoors) with the ol' posse, at least those who aren't walking around dropping vertebrae out of their backs all over the city streets.  It seems that my guys are having a rash of back related issues that preclude them from playing.  I suspect that this is simply a ruse that has been concocted to keep them from having to face me again.  I've got my serve up over 6mph now!  We are scheduled to get back out there tomorrow morning, so I'll see who shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment