Monday, December 20, 2010

Recovery Mode!

Yesterday we held our annual Albrecht Christmas Open House.  We have been doing this for 20 years now, on the Sunday before Christmas, and it is always a good time.  It's a lot of work...but a good time.

Pictures please!




Obviously...Bucky Badger was the guest of honor...and my buddy Brady of course.  We spent a good part of the evening reading books.  Through the day the house was much fuller than pictured, it's just that during that time I was a little to busy being the bartender to grab the camera!  All in all the day turned out very well.  We had enough food to feed the masses, and more than enough for everyone to drink.  Every good party should have copious quantities of leftovers, and ours came through with flying colors in that respect.

Today it was time to get back to the routine.  It all started with a session with my posse on the tennis court.  Things started slow for me, which at my size should be pretty obvious, but got gradually better.  I am having a few issues with my friend John though, as he seems to be just a bit less than happy these days (which is a real problem for a guy sporting the last name "Happy").  I get the feeling that he thinks that the rest of us aren't quite dealing fairly with him.  It's probably just a bit of jealousy due to the fact that he does not possess an 8 foot inflatable Bucky Badger like I do.  I hope that he can get beyond that.  After tennis it was time to get to work.  Today I became the "Webmaster for St. John's Lutheran Church here in Spokane, Washington.  If you would like to see my work just log on to www.sjlspokane.org, it's really exciting.  The remainder of the day was spent preparing for the Christmas services ahead, and getting ready to become "The Sermonator"...with 3 sermons in the course of an 18 hour period.  Please pray for me, and even more so those who have to listen to me!

I came home this evening only to find the rest of the inhabitants of the house engaged in a cutthroat Canasta game.  It almost led to an all out brawl, but I managed to calm the situation.  Tempers often flair when Canasta is played around here, as nobody really likes to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment