Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is Winter Over?

After a November snow job the rain is now falling in the Spokane area, and it looks like through the weekend the precipitation de jour will be liquid rather than the solid form.  The local TV weather fools are up in arms about the prospect of freezing rain tonight, and I guess that might be the case in a few isolated cold pockets, but it really isn't going to be much of a big deal.  I would venture the guess that it is going to be more problematic avoiding the deer early tomorrow morning than slip sliding away on the ice.  I drove out to Lakeside High School for a couple of basketball games...I was the one fouling the kids out...earlier this evening and counted five dead ones on the side of the road.

I am looking forward to a bit of tennis in the morning, as I have not been out on that kind of court since last Monday.  On Friday of last week I was tied up with a funeral...not my own...and on Monday it turned out that someone neglected to reserve an indoor court for our group, and the conditions outside were a bit inhospitable.  Today I finished my commitment to teaching the aviation weather class, which will allow me more time with the posse getting my butt kicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment