Sunday, December 5, 2010

Been in Therapy

I can explain my recent absence...I have been trying to rehabilitate myself.  For the past week and a half I have been desparately attempting to come to grips with my total hatred of all things winter.  I must confess...I am not making much progress.  After spending 30 years shivering and shoveling in Wisconsin I got far too used to warmer climates, living in California, Georgia and then Florida.  On top of all of that...I sank to a new low just a couple of days ago.  I found out that my little buddy Brady is going to be leaving me.  Yes, the family is moving away.

There is an old saying that I have heard many times before.  "When God closes a door he opens a window."  That is where I am putting my faith and hope.  Reality is that Brady and family, all dear friends, are only moving about 3.1237698085437894543256 miles away.  I know that because I measured it.  They are going to a larger house so that Brady has more room to ramble.  My hope is rooted in the fact that Brady is the only 4 year old that I know who owns a car!
When the weather warms he will simply drive over to the old neighborhood to spend some quality time on the porch.  I am quite sure that dad will invest in new tires for the Escalade and perhaps a new clutch.  Brady can be a little rough on the tranny!
And now...something completely different!  That is an old line from Monty Python's Flying Circus...very likely my favorite TV show from back in college...well, maybe it was the Muppet Show, which made for some wonderful drinking games.  Speaking of college, my Alma mater, the University of Wisconsin is headed for the Rose Bowl.  I am sure you have heard about it...it's in all the papers.  Since the UW...the real one, not the fraud that is across the state in Seattle...is going to Pasadena so are we.  Kay, Beth and I will be headed for LA-LA land just after Christmas.  The Badgers went 3 times between 1993 and 2000, but we were never able to be there.  This time there will be no stopping us.  We are going to be traveling south to the land of palm trees and multiple Escalades (maybe Brady will be there) to take in all of the pageantry of the Tournament of Roses.  I promise to provide you with regular updates...much more regular than this past week and half...to keep you informed on all things Badger.

No comments:

Post a Comment