Saturday, December 18, 2010

Do We Have Good Neighbors or What?

Early this morning, as Beth and I drove off for a day of work (her to be a scorekeeper for AAU basketball and me to head for the church and then officiate a game at Central Valley High School) we noticed a box on the porch with a big "W" (motion W...of you are a Wisconsin fan you know what that means) on it sitting on the porch.  Beth quickly came across a Facebook message from our neighbor Louis that immediately explained why it was there.  In the box was an 8 foot + inflatable Bucky Badger...the beloved mascot of my Alma mater, the University of Wisconsin.  He had come across the street at about 6 in the morning with the plan of having this guy all inflated to greet us as we rose from our morning slumber.  Due to a strong and persistent wind Louis was unable to get the job done.  It seemed that Bucky Badger was too much for him to handle.  I certainly believe that this a direct omen for a certain team from TCU...you cannot begin to contain a Badger!

I must confess, for more than 10 years I have coveted an 8 foot inflatable Bucky Badger for my very own, and now I have one.  Thank you Louis!!!  You better believe that this guy is going to be making the road trip with us to Pasadena!

Now you might have noticed that our trophy, as pictured, is inside the house.  Wind was not our only weather problem today.  We got about an inch and a half of snow, in which I had to drive all the way across town for the game that I was assigned.  Now we have seen plenty of snow already this winter, but in the past couple of weeks it had just about all melted away.  It seems that the brains of most of the Spokane area drivers had also melted away since most of them insisted on driving 60 miles per hour down a sheet of ice that bears the name of Interstate 90.  The result was numerous multi-car wrecks, all attributed to driver stupidity!  I managed to make my way to the high school for my scheduled game right on time, only because  I departed more than a half hour earlier than I would normally have...due to the weather.

From here on it appears as if any more snow overnight will be minimal, and tomorrow should be a rather quiet day.  A little more snow...maybe an inch or two...will be coming in tomorrow night.  From there it looks as if the weather will be rather uneventful for a couple of days, with some sloppy stuff coming a little later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment