Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Where In The World Are You?

In our last episode, I was sitting in the public library in Reedsburg, WI.  Well...I'm not there anymore.  I am now sitting in room number 2 at Loehe Hall at the Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  How did I get here? That's a long story.  I guess you would know all about it if I had posted a little bit more frequently in the past month...or posted at all!


The bottom line is that I am here as part of my one week pilgrimage each year to the seminary.  I am hanging out with my church posse, learning all sorts of things about the Holy Trinity.  I can fill you in on the details when I get back.  As part of this week's fun and frolic I will be undergoing my "Theological Interview" tomorrow afternoon at 3:00pm.  That's Eastern Daylight Time, so if you want to engage in earnest prayer for my success all of you in eastern Washington should be on the prayer horn by no later than noon.  If I pass the interview I will be on the fast track (so to speak) to being ordained as a Lutheran pastor.  I say fast track since if all goes well the process should run its course by the first of December.

In terms of the class that I am currently taking our professor is of German origin and has spent a great deal of time in Africa as a missionary.  His German accent is fun to listen too, and he has quite the sense of humor.  He has taught us all about Lutheran doctrine, Roman Catholic errors, Elton John and Rosie O'Donnell.  Who knows where this afternoon is going to take us?

Yesterday was a day of rain...they call this place "Fort Rain, Windiana...and it was stinking humid.  At least I was stinking by the end of the day.  Today dawned foggy, which lifted to a low cloud deck and is now finally burning off.  Temperatures should reach the 70s this afternoon.  Tomorrow more rain is headed this way, and then it is going to get rather chilly through the end of the week.  Back home in Spokane the weather will be getting hot again, and remaining sunny into and through the weekend.

That's all I got for now, as class is about to start again.  I'll try to check in again tomorrow evening.  To those of you complaining about the lack of posting here in the past month...you really need to get a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment