Friday, September 23, 2011

The Last Day

It's Friday morning, the first day of fall.  The season is certainly in the air here in Fort Rain, Windiana.  It rained all night and there is a lingering mist, and the temperature is near 50.  This the last day of our pilgrimage to the seminary here, and later this afternoon Rich (my trusted sidekick) and I will be motoring our way back toward Chicago in order to wing our way westward early (very early) tomorrow morning.  We head for Denver at 6:00am, and then Rich will head for Sacramento and I to Spokane.  Once I get home it will be back to summer again as temperatures on Saturday will be in the low 90s.

I will miss the camaraderie and fellowship of all the guys, but I will NOT miss the short little bed.  What I will miss the most is the food, and that will certainly show for the next couple of weeks.  It's not that it is as good as home, but is pretty tasty, and extremely abundant.

We still have a couple of guys that are still to undergo the Theological Interview (TI).  At this point all but one of us, the very first, has passed it.  One of the guys is not taking the exam at this time, as he doesn't feel he is ready, but with the two this morning very likely to get through successfully our percentage of success will be above 90%.

No comments:

Post a Comment