Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Deer Hunter

Earlier I was lamenting the inactivity that has been characteristic of our cul-de-sac.  Well, I was out there again this evening, at the end of a beautiful day (more on that below), and the activity picked up considerably.

Just about sunset a young deer found her way into the neighborhood and was having a very difficult time finding her way out.  That provided about as much excitement as I could handle.

I mentioned the beauty of the day, and to add to that I can say "It's about *#$& time!  The official high at the airport today was 98 degrees, and since the airport is about the chilliest spot in the Spokane-Coeur d'Alene metro area most spots were no doubt up to 100.  Yes!!!  Things are looking just about as nice again tomorrow.  No if we could just have this kind of weather for 9 months out of the year, and the other 3 we would cool back to the 70s and 80s we'd be onto something great.  So much for pipe dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment