Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Back In Business!

Okay...I'll admit it!  I have spent a lot of time and effort belly aching about the weather.  The reality is that up to now the spring has just plain stunk!  Up to now.  Today was totally different.  While the official temperature at the airport (who lives at the airport?) didn't reach 70 degrees...the thermometer in my car read the low 70s, and the electronic signs around our part of town registered the middle 70s.  It was just enough for us to deploy the Coleman Campfire Grill in order to produce the ultimate in supper experience.


We threw a pork shoulder roast out there for about an hour and a half, and the results were spectacular!  Since the wood pile was still a little damp...from its long winter nap...there was a bit of a challenge involved in getting the fire going, but in the end we were successful.  I have to give credit where credit is due.  Kay was the master fire builder of the evening.

In light of the favorable weather, I knocked off early from work (if that's what you call what I do) in order that I might come home and do some yard work.  I power raked the lawn, and then went to the hardware store to buy a reasonably sized bag of weed and feed for the grass.  After re-purposing the lawn mower to pick up all of the thatch I spread the fertilizer over the acreage and called it day.  At that point the beer began to flow and the grill was lit.  The grill is now out but the beer is still flowing!

Now that Easter has passed, and Lent is in the rear-view mirror, life should be getting a little bit more peaceful...the weeks should be a little more manageable!  we'll see how that works out.  There always seems to be more to do than there are hours in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment