Monday, July 25, 2011

A Brady Fix

Last evening we paid a visit to the neighbor's house.  We got in the car, drove about 3 miles and we were there.  Of course, these neighbors don't live just across the street anymore, I'm talking about Brady and family.  My little buddy is now 5 years old, and growing like a week.  His hair is still blonde...although it is turning more green everyday.  That's because of long period in the swimming pool this summer.  When we got there Brady had just woke up from his afternoon nap.  Now, most 5 year olds don't take regular naps, but Brady works hard and plays hard, so he sleeps hard.  As was usually the case when he wakes up...Brady was suffering from a severe case of "bed head".

After a couple of hours of catching up on what has been going on in life, and more than just a beer, we headed home (Beth's the designated driver) to rustle up a little dinner.  It was steak and a salad that was on the menu...mmm, mmm, good eatin'!

This morning included the usual tennis festivities.  Kay was the trooper today as she played in two successive groups, over the course of 3 hours.  I was out there with the regular posse...almost...with the Hammer off participating in another group.  Ken joined us today, along with John...happy as usual...Bill and myself.  I have to admit that things started off horribly for me, but I can explain.  You see, I came out of my coma with the clock reading 8:45am, and I had a court date at 9:30!  I definitely slept through the first set, which was lost 0-6, and right into the 2nd.  I did manage to wake up along the way and my level of play improved.  It wasn't necessarily good, but at least better.  It appeared for a time that John...still happy...might get through the day without dropping a single game, let alone a set.  Well, I took care of that by puking up one of my service games while teamed with him.  We still managed to win the set 6-1.  From that point the question was, could anyone stop John from being the big dog of the day?  Fortunately, Bill and I managed to take care of that, and in doing so kept John from having to gloat about his success for 48 hours, until our next session.

Once the tennis was finished, the family took a little time out to spend quality time together.  Beth only has a couple more weeks of her summer vacation to spend at home, so we are trying to make the most of it.  We enjoyed a nice lunch at Tomato Street, and then a romp around a few of the local retail establishments.  Much to my liking...we bought nothing.  Now THAT, is what I call shopping.  The day was polished off with a church board meeting and then a frozen pizza...yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment